I'm so lucky to get to see the agricultural and the business perspectives here in this beautiful country! This evening, I helped Angela & Wolfgang bale their dry grass and stack it in their parents' barn. I even drove the tractor as Wolfgang put the bales in the trailer. I was only going about 2 mph, but then he let me hit the gas, and I got up to about 4 mph!
Angela and I rode on the hay stacks in the trailer on the way back. It was unbelievable! We had the best view in town looking over all the fields and neighbor villages. Too cool!
We had to stop once to let a herd of sheep pass by. There was a guy with a big stick at the front of the herd and an actual German Shepherd dog at the back of the pack, doing his job of keeping them in line! I don't know that I've ever seen a real working dog in the States.
To unload the hay back home, Wolfgang handed me the bales on the second floor, from down below, then I lifted them up a few more feet to Angela on the next level so we could store them in the loft. Whew! I'm sure my back will hurt tomorrow, but it was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment