Check out these photos of my most recent cooking adventure preparing a great meal for Alfons on our anniversary...all by myself! (Click any photo to enlarge it.)
To see how close we are to the grocery store, look for the solar panel roof in the middle of the picture. I'm lucky to be able to walk there!
So the cake came in a box. That still didn't help me.
The directions are all in German. It took me an hour to translate them and I still didn't understand what to do. That's when I improvised!
In the oven it goes...rise, baby rise!
Time to make the dough for my Schwabian (southwest Germany) noodles, also called Spaetzle. Flour, eggs and a little salt, then work those arm muscles!
Here's the process: Put the dough in the masher, squeeze the dough strings into the boiling water, let cook, then SHOCK the spaeztle in cold water so they are not mushy.
Cake is almost done. Multitasking is tough in the kitchen when everything starts dinging at you!
Once the spaetzle is done, you put it back in a skillet and poor cheese on it to make kaesespaetzle, which is my favorite kind! Here's the finished product.
A little powdered sugar to cover the spot where I split the cake open when I unlatched the springform pan. Think he'll notice?
Dinner is served, right on time! I also made the salad and cooked the meat, but didn't take pictures of those.
Alfons was a few minutes late because he stopped to pick up these beautiful flowers for me!!! :-) I didn't mind.











omg, i want those cheese noodles!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! You have come a long way. You are quite the chef;)
ReplyDelete