Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Smile! You're 30!

It's just a few hours before my 30th birthday and I have a smile on my face.
Why shouldn't I?

  1. I've spent the last 14 months in an amazing country learning about the world, myself and what's important in life. 
  2. I'm moving back home soon to reconnect with my family and friends.
  3. I'm starting an amazing, new "big-girl" job in a month.
  4. I'm healthier now than I've ever been and I own 3 bikinis! WHO AM I?
  5. I decided to splurge and go big with a present to myself, so I'm going on a Mediterranean Sea cruise with an amazing friend next week and we're going to have a BLAST!
  6. If I get carded, I can be flattered by it.
  7. I have stopped trying to find myself and have started creating myself.
  8. Even as I age and get wrinkles, I will always be younger than my sister.
  9. I don't have to wait for birthdays and Christmas. I can buy my own toys!
  10. I can blame past mistakes on "being young and stupid."
There are lots more great things about turning 30 tomorrow, but now I must go to bed. I need some rest before all of the fun birthday activities we have planned!

1 comment: