There will be more posts soon about my recent cruise around the Mediterranean and my upcoming trip to Barcelona, but for now I wanted to share my travel partner's airport story from his trip back from Rome. Here's his response when I asked, "How was your trip home?"
I got home okay at about 9 pm, but my luggage didn't make the connecting flight in Philly. I had a two hour layover, but we sat for 30 minutes on the tarmac before going to the gate, then the immigration line was long, and then- get this- I got pulled out for a "secondary screening"! I had to sit in a security office for 15 minutes while they huddled and looked at computers and then finally told me that they had a watch out for an individual and well, my name is "Smith" and I was traveling alone and I was born in a foreign country, and well, you're not the guy we're looking for, so here's your passport, you're free to go. Wow! By this time my flight was already boarding and I hadn't gotten my bags, been through customs, re-checked the bags, been through the security line again, or found my gate. I thought there was no way I was going to make the connecting flight. Somehow I made it through all that stuff, SPRINTED through the terminal and made the flight as they were closing the door. Whew! They should be delivering the bags today.
No comments:
Post a Comment