This is the first weekend for most Christmas markets in our area and our tiny little village was having their one-day event today. I wanted to go at 11am to see the kindergarten kids sing songs together and then buy a few small things to support the local schools and sports clubs who had booths at the event. After nearly 50 euros escaped our pockets as we circled the 20 booths about eight times, we decided it was time to go!
Alfons was laughing at me as we walked home because I was SOOOO cold. We had been there nearly two and a half hours in near-freezing weather, so I had to jog slowly in order to feel my toes. I explained to him that Americans have Christmas bizarres, but that they are INDOOR events. Most Americans wouldn't stand for this "outdoor shopping in the snow" thing...not in my area of America anyway!
I'm sure some of you might be thinking, "but the hot spiced wine they serve would help you stay warm." It does, but only for a few minutes. Holding the hot mug in your hands is nice, but after the wine is gone, you have to stand in line again (in the cold) to get another cup and they never serve people fast enough to keep everybody warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment