Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Weekend in Strasbourg France

No time to blog today, but I feel bad that I haven't written anything in a while! I haven't put the photos on my computer yet, but here's a little info about our quick trip to France.

This weekend we went to Strasbourg France, which is just on the other side of the French/German border. That area was part of Germany many years ago and it's a great blend of both cultures. The architecture was beautiful with mostly half-timbered houses that most Americans would mistake for the "English Tudor" style homes. If you google both, you'll see the difference.

The food was amazing! We had great French wine, their version of pizza with no red sauce called Tarte Flambee (the Germans call it flammkuchen), a Cordon Bleu sandwich, crepes, croissants, french bread baguettes, riesling-covered chicken, and more! And while I claim my favorite food is cheese, I now need to add a disclaimer to that, because when we ordered a lovely cheese plate at the first restaurant, I couldn't eat three out of the five cheeses on the plate. They were all soft and I've now learned I'm not such a big fan of most of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment