Thank God for my sister!!!
This past weekend was horrible with tax paperwork problems, a back problem that wouldn't let me walk straight, having to say goodbye to a friend leaving Germany to go back home to the States, and the day I have to give up my US driving license is fast approaching. UGH!
BUT...today's my sister's Birthday and she MUST have sent some of her good wishes my way, because today everything turned around!
I had no back pain when I woke up, my morning classes went very well, and then this afternoon I got some new information about my taxes that may straighten all the weekend problems out! I got all my lesson plan preparations done for Tuesday and Wednesday (way ahead of schedule), and my evening class went great with a student telling me during the break that he really enjoys my teaching style! Then when I got home, I had a message saying my driving license paperwork had been approved (after only 3 weeks) and now I can schedule my written test for Monday (hopefully)! YAY!!!
My license expires on the 16th, so if I pass the test on the first try I can probably get my license by the end of the month, which is way better than closer to Christmas (or worse...after Christmas), which is what I was expecting. This means I may only need the city buses for a few weeks!
So now it's time to study, study, study, because I can't afford to lose two or three weeks due to failing the driving test. There are more than 900 questions to learn and the rules in Germany are not so similar to those in the States. There are no stop signs here, so the car coming from the right always has the right-of-way unless you're on a "priority road." Try retraining your brain for that stuff...no fun!
Anyway...so thanks to my sister for sharing her Birthday wishes with me this year! I hope she received much more than I did today!!! I love you, sis!
No comments:
Post a Comment