I wouldn't call it homesick just yet, but I MISS MY MOM!!!!!!!!
While I wasn't working this summer, I had the luxury of talking to my family (and particularly my mom) nearly anytime I wanted. With my helpful US-based Skype phone number, I can talk to everyone at home for free from 4,500 miles away...nice! The problem is, now I'm working and trying to catch people in the States with this 6-hour time difference is a nightmare!
When I get up in the mornings, everyone's sleeping at home. Then I have to go to work and by the time I get home from work, everyone else is at THEIR work. If I'm lucky, I can catch people at 4 or 5 o'clock their time, just before I go to bed and just after they leave work. But that only happens once or twice a week and some people are still impossible to catch.
Why not call people on the weekends, you ask? Since Alfons works outside Germany during the week, I only have the weekends to spend time with him. I would love to chat with people on Saturdays and Sundays, but usually Alfons and I are out and about, and when we're home, I don't want to spend too much time sitting at my laptop, when I know he'll be gone again on Monday morning!
We just booked our tickets to the States for the holidays and Christmas can't get here soon enough...I need a mother-daughter hug!!!
Important Note: I also miss my dad, sister, niece, extended family and friends....but it's a girl thing to cry for mommy first! :-)
I'm sorry you're feeling homesick and missing your mom :-(
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you are talking about. I miss my mom so much, it's crazy! And knowing that I won't see her again before next summer just makes me so sad :-(
Everytime somebody asks me what I miss most in Germany I always say my mom! And even though (like you said) I do miss the rest of my family as well, it's just different with the mom.
We do get to talk alot at least since she usually is home from work around 16 Uhr and I stay home with my kids, so it makes it easier for us to call each other.
So happy for you that you will see them for the holidays!