We have below freezing temperatures here and yet every day we still open the windows in the morning!
There are very strict construction rules for building houses here in Germany and builders must use the most energy efficient methods and materials possible. Their walls and windows are so thick that nothing, and I mean nothing, can escape through them. That means the humidity in the house is trapped, which is why every day for about 5-10 minutes, we have to open the windows in each room to let the moisture out or else it collects on the window sills in little puddles.
I think America must have the opposite problem because all the homes I lived in there were super dry in the winter. We needed humidifiers and lots of chapstick to make it through the dry months!
It was quite strange adjusting to opening the windows in freezing weather here, but I've learned to throw on a sweater and just get it over with early!
No comments:
Post a Comment