Friday, May 21, 2010

I've Got Mail!

So on Tuesday before Alfons left for Hungary, I asked him how to open the locked mailbox to check for the mail each day.  He (jokingly) said, "Don't worry about it.  You won't get any mail."  To that I responded "I will get mail!  My mom loves me and she said she's gonna send me a letter!!!"  He laughed and took the mailbox key off his keyring, so he could leave it with me.

I know it usually takes a week or two to get mail from home to here, but I've still been checking the mail each day hoping something will have my name on it.  It's like being a kid when you haven't learned to loathe the mail because it's only bills and junk.  When kids get mail, it's always something positive...never tax information.

Well, today's the day!  I just checked the mailbox and WOO HOO!!!  It's got my name on it!  And I can spot my mom's handwriting a mile away!  The card says "The shortest distance between two points is a leap of faith.  So keep believing the best is on its way!  Love, Mom"  Will do, Mom.  Will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment